Bonita Mercer is a country music singer songwriter from Northern Ontario, Canada. Her passions are music, training horses and meeting new people. You will have heard her song playing on the playlist for 24-3-14 on Inverclyde Radio hosted by Hillbilly Bob (now no longer broadcasting).
1. I’ve Just Seen A Face – Rick Robinson and The Bayou Boys
2. Little Bit of Texas – Chris Green Project
3. Two Beers Ago – Darren Rhodes
4. Someone’s Child – Bonita Mercer
5. Woman In Tennessee – Diesel Outlaws
6. 5 O’clock Shadow – Rod Ballou
7. Drop On By – Laura Bell Bundy
8. Family Oh Family – Lance Friend
9. The Girl’s Alright – Russ Still
10. Bonita Mercer – What I’m Looking For 10/2:58 (Juanita Wilkins) Larry Mercey Publishing (SOCAN). Album: You’ll Be The One Executive Producer Ross Allen.
Bonita Mercer ‘Someone’s Child’
11. Blow Away – Shane Chisholm
12. Stay Country – Michael Cosner
13. Falling In Love – Ava Baber
Canadian Country Music
Canadian country as developed by Otto Wilke, Carter, Snow, Earl Heywood and Stu Davis used a less nasal and more distinctly pronounced vocal style than American music and stuck with more traditional ballads and narratives while US country began to use more songs about bars, family relationships and quarrels between lovers. This style of country music became very popular in Canada over the next couple of decades.
Later popular Canadian country stars range from Stompin’ Tom Connors and Tom Jackson to Shania Twain and Rick Tippe to Dean Brody, Brett Kissel, Paul Brandt and Jess Moskaluke. Radio and television stations in Canada which play country music, however, are sometimes more flexible in how they define the genre than their counterparts in the United States.
Canadian country stations have commonly played artists more commonly associated with folk music, such as Bruce Cockburn, Leahy, Spirit of the West and The Rankin Family. There is also a small francophone scene in the genre, typically sung in the joual dialect. Francophone artists include Renée Martel, Gildor Roy, Patrick Norman, Willie Lamothe, Steph Carse and Georges Hamel. Wikipedia
Contact BONITA MERCER with your enquiry.